Your safety, whether you Ride Yellow or Drive Yellow is our number one priority.
Every Yellow Cab of Columbus taxi is safety-supported by:
– Three (3) in-vehicle cameras.
The dashboard camera monitors what the driver is seeing ahead of the vehicle. The driver camera monitors the driver partner. The passenger camera monitors the backseat passenger compartment. Video is available at any time for retrieval by our management and/or Guest Service Dispatch Team.
– The Vehicle Performance Monitor
This device measures variances in vehicle behavior (fast corner turns, sudden accelerations and braking) and alerts the Fleet Team immediately when these behaviors occur. The Team makes immediate contact with the driver to ask if all is okay and these performance variances are communicated to team leaders and management to assure vehicle control standards are being met.
– GPS-based Dispatch Monitoring
There’s no question where any of our vehicles are at any moment. For the safety of our driver partners and our passenger guests, the Guest Service Dispatch Team is aware of all vehicle travel and can send help or provide assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
– Insurance coverage up to $500,000.00 for the vehicle and passenger(s). The minimum required by the City of Columbus is $300,000.00.
– Professional Vehicle Maintenance
The Garage and Information Technology Team regularly performs safety and maintenance-related performance checks. When a vehicle requires safety-related maintenance it does not get released for use until the maintenance has been completed and checked.
Every Yellow Cab of Columbus Driver Partner:
– Must pass a 10-Year Criminal Background Check.
– Must have no more than 4 points on their Ohio Driver’s License in the past 3 years.
– Must attend and pass our Yellow Cab Taxi University upon acceptance as a Driver Partner and must agree to continuous training while contracted with Yellow Cab of Columbus.
We are equally concerned about the safety of our passenger guests and our driver partners. We monitor 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with a human support team in place to take immediate action in an emergency.